Maxguard GT Green SF is a green tooling gelcoat based on special vinyl ester resin.
The SF version is suitable for spraying.
- The temperature of all materials and tools should be within the range of 18 – 25°C. If the temperature is too low, the gelcoat will not cure properly. The uncured gelcoat (also due to the addition of too little hardener or too thin a layer) will cause many subsequent defects on the surface.
- The gelcoat must be gently mixed in its original packaging before use.
- Cast the required amount of gelcoat into a replacement, clean vessel, add 2.0% hardener (MEKP) and mix thoroughly.
- The spray version (SF) should be applied in several layers (approx. 0.2 mm), wet on wet. As small nozzle and as low pressure as possible should be used for spraying. A short gap of 2-4 minutes between the layers allows air bubbles to be removed from each surface. The final wet layer thickness should be 0.8 – 1.0 mm.
- The layer of hardened gelcoat should be approx. 0.8 mm thick.
There are no reviews yet.